What Information Do We Collect?
Collection & Handling of Personal Information
3. AUS-X will not collect any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
4. AUS-X collects personal information via a variety of sources, including online e.g. via ausxopen.com website, social media channels, email and telephone, through competitions/promotions, surveys and offers, from persons with corporate ticketing enquiries, event sponsorship enquiries, sign-ups to marketing material from AUS-X, employees of AUS-X, those that request information from or have any dealings with AUS-X, via any direct requests from persons who wish to be added to our database to receive communication or as an existing contact of AUS-X.
5. AUS-X collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for a range of purposes, such as:
For general enquiries and to provide customer service
For marketing and promotional purposes e.g. e-newsletters
To conduct a promotion/competition, survey or offer
To improve auxopen.com website
To conduct business with other entities
To complete and assist with event sponsorship and corporate ticketing enquiries
To respond to ticket/event inquiries and complaints
To maintain an employee database
To provide to our legal advisors, when needed, and other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
AUS-X may also receive your personal information via a third party whom we employ to collect personal information on our behalf.
6. All personal information we collect is either stored on a server on AUS-X’s premises or held using an online storage system e.g. drop-box. AUS-X takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure. No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to AUS-X over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Requests for Access to and Correction of your Personal Information
7. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and seek the correction of such information by contacting us via phone, email or mail, as outlined in point 12 below. In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent it would not be permitted under Australian privacy laws.
Disclosure to Third Parties
8. In providing you the information, goods or services you request, AUS-X may be required to disclose your personal information to:
AUS-X’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services.
AUS-X may also disclose your personal information to our legal advisors and other third parties where it is required or permitted to under any applicable law.
9. Personal information collected from you will not be disclosed to any entity located outside of Australia. However, please be aware that we do use online storage systems e.g. Dropbox to store personal information collected.
AUS-X and links to other websites
10. The ausxopen.com website and any other website owned or managed by AUS-X may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. AUS-X is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the AUS-X operated websites.
Inquiries & Complaints